VA - The Legacy of Disco (2015)
Post-disco is a genre of dance music formulated in the late 1970s. The term describes an aftermath in popular music history c. 1979Ц1988, imprecisely beginning with an unprecedented backlash against disco music in the United States, leading to civil unrest and a riot in Chicago known as the Disco Demolition Night on July 12, 1979 and indistinctly ending with the mainstream appearance of house music in the late 1980s. Disco during its dying stage displayed an increasingly electronic character that soon served as a stepping stone to new wave, hip-hop, euro disco, and was succeeded by an underground club music called hi-NRG, which was its direct continuation.
VA - The Legacy of Disco (2015)
RnB, Soul,Funk,Disco | Sony Music Catalog
320 kbps | MP3 | unmixed | 2015 | 03:34:01 | 541 Mb
Uploaded: uploadable.ch, turbobit.net, hitfile.net
01. George Duke - I Want You for Myself (Mike Maurro Extended Remix) (08:44)
02. Archie Bell & The Drells - Where Will You Go When the Party's Over (04:04)
03. The Jacksons - Walk Right Now (12 (07:35)
04. Eddie Kendricks - Ain't No Smoke Without Fire (06:05)
05. Earth, Wind & Fire - Boogie Wonderland (12 (08:15)
06. Jean Carn - Was That All It Was (78rpm Version) (06:29)
07. Esther Phillips - What a Difference a Day Makes (04:29)
08. Gladys Knight & The Pips - Taste of Bitter Love (04:37)
09. Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Don't Leave Me This Way (Tom Moulton Mix) (07:03)
10. Melba Moore - You Stepped Into My Life (07:47)
11. Herbie Hancock - Saturday Night (07:12)
12. Teddy Pendergrass - Only You (05:03)
13. Idris Muhammad - Could Heaven Ever Be Like This (08:37)
14. The Emotions - I Don't Wanna Lose Your Love (04:00)
15. Linda Hopkins - It's In Your Blood (05:55)
16. Lou Rawls - See You When I Git There (04:24)
17. MFSB - Love Is the Message (11:29)
18. Norman Connors - Once I've Been There (05:48)
19. Patti LaBelle - Music Is My Way of Life (08:09)
20. Phyllis Hyman - You Know How to Love Me (07:33)
21. New York Community Choir - Express Yourself (11:40)
22. The O'Jays - I Love Music (Tom Moulton Mix) (09:45)
23. Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Bad Luck (Mike Maurro Extended Remix) (13:30)
24. Teddy Pendergrass - Do Me (04:39)
25. The Three Degrees - Dirty Ol' Man (12" Version) (07:58)
26. The Trammps - Love Epidemic (Extended Version) (05:59)
27. Melba Moore - Standing Right Here (Tom Moulton Remix) (08:59)
28. G.Q. - Boogie Oogie Oogie (12" Version) (06:12)
29. Bruce Johnston - Pipeline (04:33)
30. Jackie Moore - This Time Baby (Special 12" Version) (07:14)
thanks roux & vija for the endless encouragement and dancing along the way.
james for the generous use of your polk st. studio & jonah for that thai papaya salad so hot we had to go out on the street because too much water was coming out of our eyes. also for the use of your vintage roland SH-7 one golden san fran morning of tool making. that machine is velvet and those tools ended up all over this record. dree hazel for all the beautiful & playful midi drawings and 2 year old chats. dave g, bill "billitued" stack & marion, pete & mat, tyler, greg & gary at kootenay sound studios for comic relief and vision dreaming. mitch for the coffee and kind words. kootenay co-op radio i love you. johnny bandsaw & terry for the jams & laughs & logs & teaching me trees, chainsaw & axe. jay & makai & crew for getting me out on the lake after watching for so long.
all the party peoples at mother 2009 in gunma when i played in an open field. morris for his amazing encyclopedic mind and whose set after mine was like a body massage. those gunma morning mountains who took me in their arms and let me walk and climb amongst them as mothers duff duff and the sounds of the crowds radiated up from the valley floor. you, small gunma fern, thank you.
sorane and fatty for taking me up mt fuji on a rainy monday day off to emerge on top of the clouds smack into a brilliant sunset we could almost touch.
taichi for showing me the temple of space & that epic mmw new years where i played till the lights came on and those left elbowed the stage and screamed "happy new year olive!"
ikue and makagami for an incredible unforgettable tour of japan and teaching me what real sushi can be when in a small fishing village on hokkaido. kim g's sweet ride around japan and jim and thurston for showing me how to hit the wall in out of the way hard to find record stores deep in every town we found ourselves.
toshio bing and mr & mrs bing for taking me into your tokyo home.
all the power shovel family for believing in my music.
Fumihiro Bun Nishibori for being my friend and falling asleep on the cab drivers shoulder after one of the best events i ever played.. an unforgettable night at club canadian in osaka with an incredible bunch of musicians. R.I.P dear Bun, this record is for you...
All references to music (video) are presented only for fact-finding listening and located not on our server. All files lay on foreign servers to which site Freshremix.ru irrelevant. Our site is only site on which Users spread references to these files which are publicly available. After listening you must delete the downloaded file and get a legal copy.